To experience The Eternal Optimist in all its glory, view in full screen.
To wander through the pub just click and drag with your mouse or touchpad.
To zoom in and out, use your mousewheel, press the shift/ctrl keys or click the +/- buttons.
To take a guess, click on a clue, type your answer into the input field and press submit.
To save your progress, login with Facebook.
To wander through The Eternal Optimist, touch and drag with your finger.
Or, you can use your device’s gyroscope (if supported).
To zoom, pinch the screen or press the +/- buttons.
To take a guess, click on a clue, type your answer into the input field and press submit.
To save your progress, login with Facebook.
NB. If you are experiencing any problems on your device, please use your desktop computer instead.
Carlsberg 360 – International Football Teams
1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, excluding employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies, agents, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3. To enter the promotion:
a. log on to www.carlsbergfansquad.co.uk;
b. click on the “Play the Eternal Optimist Challenge” panel.
c. You will then be taken to the Eternal Optimist Challenge game (Game) where you need to use your mouse to find the 32 hidden clues around a virtual 360 degree view of a pub which represent 32 countries who have a professional international men’s football team as at 8 June 2014 (for example, “England”).
d. Once you have played the Game and successfully entered the answers to all 32 correct clues, you need to fill in your personal details on the form page and click “submit”.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
5. This promotion will be open from 3 June 2014 until midnight on 13 July 2014.
6. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at midnight on 13 July 2014 (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason.
7. One entry per person. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
8. There are 20 prizes to be won, each prize consisting of a place for the winner and one guest to attend the exclusive Carlsberg event, “Ultimate England Experience,” to be held on Thursday 9th October 2014 at Brent Civic Centre overlooking Wembley Stadium. The event will consist of pre- and post-match entertainment and analysis, and includes food and refreshments. The prize also includes 2 tickets to a UEFA European Championship Qualifier between England and San Marino at Wembley Stadium the same evening which kicks off at 19:45 BST. Tickets for the match must be collected from the Carlsberg event before the match (Tickets). All winners and their guests must be aged 18 years of age or over.
9. All eligible entries will be entered into a prize draw to win the Tickets. The winners of the Tickets will be the first 20 entrants to be drawn at random by an independent person on Monday 14 July 2014 and will be contacted within 48 hours using the details provided to enter the promotion.
10. Use of the Tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the Tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The Tickets may not be resold under any circumstances. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse attendance at the match to anyone who has a criminal record or has been escorted or banned from any football match / stadium in the past.
11. Any expenses incurred by the winners and their guests with regard to travel, and in the general use and/or enjoyment of their prize, are the sole responsibility of the winners and their guests.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
13. If the prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up the prize or be contacted within a reasonable time, the prize will be forfeited and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
14. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for cancellation, curtailment or alteration of the event to which the Tickets relate, or transport to or from it, for any reason.
16. You may be asked to take part in promotional activities and to provide digital photographs of you for use on a promotional website or in the Promoter’s marketing material. It is a condition of entry that you agree to such use if you win, to sign any necessary promotional releases relating to your image rights, and to your name and county of residence being made publicly available if you win.
17. To obtain the name and counties of all winners, please check the website www.winnersgallery.co.uk and search “Carlsberg Fan Squad 360” within three months of the Closing Date.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
19. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
23. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited, 140 Bridge Street, Northampton NN1 1PZ
Please drink responsibly.
Carlsberg recognises the need for this website to be accessible and easy to use regardless of technology or ability. We are therefore actively working towards this goal and in doing so adhere to many of the available accessibility and usability guidelines.
Currently, we aim to conform to level Single A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and have included many additional features found within level Double AA. These guidelines, as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), provide information on how to make websites more accessible to people with disabilities.
This site is built with code compliant web standards for HTML and CSS, meaning it will function correctly in current web browsers and will continue to do so in future browser releases.
While we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of our website. Content provided by our third party partners and site users may not adhere to the standard to which we aim to conform. We will, however, aim to address these issues as they arise.
We are constantly looking to improve the level of accessibility and usability of our site. If you find something that needs improvement or have difficulty in using this site please let us know.
Carlsberg believes that our beer brands are there to offer consumers refreshment and social enjoyment. They should be consumed responsibly by adults and misuse should be avoided.
For more information on responsible drinking, please visit www.drinkaware.co.uk.
www.carlsbergfansquad.co.uk and www.carlsbergfansquad.com (the Site) is operated by Carlsberg UK Limited (we, us, our).
Accessing the site
We cannot guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet connected device.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Site and is compatible with the Site. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any content of the Site will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some features or parts of the Site, or the entire Site.
Where you are asked to complete a registration form or provide other information the details that you provide must be true, accurate and complete. Please inform us of any changes to the information that you provide.
Unless indicated to the contrary, all materials on the Site including design, text, graphics and photographs are the copyright of Carlsberg UK Limited or its third party licensors. All such rights are reserved.
We are the owner or licensee of the trade marks appearing on the Site and all associated trade names, logos and devices unless indicated to the contrary. All other trade marks, logos and names appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners, as indicated.
You may download, print and copy extracts or materials from the Site for your personal use only and any copied material must include all copyright or other proprietary notices appearing on it. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you by such downloading. You may not make any other use of material on the Site (including reproductions except as above, publications, alteration or distribution) without our prior written permission.
Accuracy of information
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that information on the Site is accurate, but commentary, reviews and other material posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We make no representation or warranty that any information is accurate, complete or up-to-date and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on such information by you or anyone to whom you communicate such information.
If you find any inaccurate information on the Site please contact us and we will endeavour to correct it, where we agree, as soon as reasonably practicable.
Any opinions or reviews posted on the Site are the responsibility of their authors and are in no way an expression of our views. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, about any such opinions or reviews, including as to their legality or accuracy, and we disclaim all liability in connection with them to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Any competition conducted or promoted on the Site shall be governed by the terms and conditions specific to such competition.
Links to this and other websites
We may from time to time provide links that will enable you to access the websites of third parties directly from the Site. Such third party sites are not under our control and, unless otherwise stated, no contribution is made by us to the content of such websites. When you click through to these sites you leave the area controlled by us, so we cannot, therefore, accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with either the third parties' use of your data, the sites’ content, or the products or services offered to you by these sites.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to prohibit any link from another internet site to materials or information on the Site.
Although we hope the Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or conditions in relation to the Site or its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
If you are a consumer and not a business user, we shall not be liable to you for any business losses and shall only be liable for any losses which are reasonably foreseeable.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liability that cannot, under English law, be excluded.
Carlsberg UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 78439 and our registered office address is 140 Bridge Street, Northampton, NN1 1PZ.
Any formal legal notices should be sent to us at our registered office.
If you experience problems with the Site or would like to comment on it, please feel free to Contact Us.
Please take a moment to review our policy in detail.
When do we collect personal information?
We may collect and process the following data (such as names, telephone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, hobby or activity information, demographic information (age, gender, etc.), taste or preference information, and the like) about you:
• We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting which is based upon data from Google Display Advertising. We use aggregate data provided by this service (such as age, gender and interests) to better understand our website audience and adjust our communications appropriately. If you would like to opt out of Google Demographics and Interest Reporting please change your Google settings here. Alternatively you can choose to opt out of Google Analytics altogether by downloading a browser opt-out add on here.
• Details of your age to ensure that only adults of legal drinking age view and interact with our Site.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to services available from the Site, posting material or requesting further services.
• Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion, or when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Information you provide when completing surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our Site will be recorded by Google Analytics and anonymous information is passed to Google Analytics regarding your browser, location and general usage of our Site.
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
• Your Facebook ID, if you enter our Site through Facebook connect at the age gate.
• Your email address – if you have requested to receive a Fan Squad Newsletter and further communications from us.
What do we do with the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in / to register you for certain interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, for example to enter you into competitions.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To respond to your questions, comments or other communications.
• To e-mail you with updates and news, where you have consented to receive the same.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, if you have opted into receiving third party communications.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How do we use "cookies"?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Age gate pass notification
access_type_* (*indicates some number - viable to change)
When a user completes the age gate via the form, this cookie is used to store that state and not show the age gate on subsequent page loads.
Used to identify a user who has logged in via Facebook when they return to the site.
Date of birth
Stored on processing the age gate and passed to the token validation service when entering a campaign.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
Do we use Web Beacons?
Our Site does not contain Web Beacons.
What about chat rooms, message boards or other interactive forums?
We may offer chat rooms, message or bulletin boards, or interactive areas where visitors may post comments or information for our visitors' enjoyment. If there is a chat room, bulletin or message board, or other interactive areas where personal information may be posted on our Site, be sure to check our chat room rules before entering, as you will be bound by them. As you know, anything you post online is available for the world to see. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to information you voluntarily post.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What about links to other sites?
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Carlsberg UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in England and Wales, excluding employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies, agents, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification. All verification details must be provided within a reasonable time frame.
3. To enter you will require internet access. You will also require a 12-digit unique entry code (Code). There are two ways of obtaining a Code, each with an equal chance of winning. Whilst stocks last, you may either (a) purchase a promotional pack of Carlsberg or Carlsberg Export from a participating stockist and a Code will be printed inside that pack; or (b) you may purchase a measure of Carlsberg or Carlsberg Export lager in draught or packaged format from a participating licensed premises to obtain a peel and reveal card containing your Code.
4. When you have your Code, log onto www.carlsbergfansquad.co.uk (Site) and follow the online entry instructions. All entrants must keep their Code safe and secure for verification purposes until any applicable prize is received.
5. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6. This promotion will be open from 30 March 2014 until midnight on 31 December 2014 (Promotional Period).
7. To be in with a chance of winning a Main Prize (as defined in paragraph 12 below) you must enter your Code on the Site between 30 March 2014 and midnight on 13 July 2014 (Initial Period).
8. To be in with a chance of winning a Secondary Prize (as defined in paragraph 18 below) you must enter your Code at the Site during the Initial Period.
9. To be in with a chance of winning the Final Prize (as defined in paragraph 20 below) you must enter your Code at the Site between 14 July 2014 and midnight on 31 December 2014 (Final Period).
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the relevant closing date for any reason.
11. One entry per person per day. Entrants can only win one Main Prize. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
12. During the Initial Period, entrants will have the chance to win a place for themselves and three friends (all of whom must be 18 or over) at an exclusive Carlsberg event to be held on Thursday 9th event will consist of pre- and post-match entertainment and analysis, and includes food and refreshments. The prize also includes 4 tickets to a UEFA European Championship Qualifier between England and San Marino at Wembley Stadium the same evening which kicks off at 19:45 BST. Tickets for the match must be collected from the Carlsberg event before the match (Main Prize).
13. There are 10 Main Prizes to be won every week during the Initial Period, with the winners to be selected by a random draw. The winners will be the first 10 eligible entries drawn at random by an independent person from all eligible entrants who entered their Code on the Site during that week. Each draw will take place within 48 hours of the end of the week to which it relates and all winners will be contacted within 7 days using the details they provided to enter the promotion.
14. Use of the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the ground. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for cancellation, curtailment or alteration of the match, or transport to and from the match, for any reason.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse attendance at the match to anyone who has a criminal record or has been escorted or banned from any football match / stadium in the past.
16. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
17. If you win the tickets you agree to behave at the match in a responsible manner and, in particular, you agree not to behave in any way that may incite violence or cause offence to other spectators.
18. During the Initial Period, entrants will have the chance to win one of 106 32” Toshiba televisions or one of 2,120 additional prizes consisting of the following Carlsberg branded promotional memorabilia: 1,000 x flags, 695 x pens, 250 x cooler bags, 100 x T-shirts and 75 x weekend bags. (Secondary Prize(s)).
19. You will be notified when you enter your Code at the Site whether or not you have won a Secondary Prize. Winners of the Secondary Prizes will be determined by an independent, secure and random time-based automated system. There is one television and 20 additional prizes to be won each day during the Initial Period. The winner of each Secondary Prize will be the first person to submit their Code closest to (but not before) the winning time randomly allocated to that Secondary Prize. Please allow 60 days for delivery of a Secondary Prize.
20. During the Final Period, entrants will have the chance to win a 32ʺ Toshiba television (Final Prize).
21. The winner of the Final Prize will be the first eligible entry drawn at random by an independent person from all eligible entries received during the Final Period and the winner will be contacted within 7 days using the details they provided to enter the promotion. Please allow 60 days for delivery of the Final Prize. October 2014 at Brent Civic Centre overlooking Wembley Stadium.
22. Any expenses incurred by the winner (and, where applicable, their friends) in the general use and/or enjoyment of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
24. If a prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up the prize or be contacted within a reasonable time, that prize will be forfeited and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
25. Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prizewinner to take up the specified prize.
26. You may be asked to take part in promotional activities and to provide digital photographs of you for use on a promotional website or in the Promoter’s marketing material. It is a condition of entry that you agree to such use if you win, to sign any necessary promotional releases relating to your image rights, and to your name and county of residence being made publicly available if requested.
27. To obtain the name and counties of all winners of the Main Prizes and televisions, please check the website www.winnersgallery.co.uk and search “Carlsberg Fan Squad” within three months of the end of the Promotional Period.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
29. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
30. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants from this promotion if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion.
33. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
34. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited, 140 Bridge Street, Northampton NN1 1PZ.
Please drink responsibly drinkaware.co.uk for the facts.
Sorry if you’re having issues, fill out as much detail as you can below and we’ll get one of the Squad on it quick sharp.
If you'd rather drop us an email, you can do so by e-mailing email@example.com - please ensure you include as much information as you can about your account/licence.